Wednesday, February 22, 2012
Seriously...these are 4 of the bestest friends anyone could ever have...and after they leave...I feel totally blessed! Totally sad that it will be TOO long before we get together again...but totally blessed to have them in my life.
Posted by Krista Layman at 12:09 AM
Sunday, February 19, 2012
Posted by Krista Layman at 8:53 PM
Last weekend was Andy's 43rd birthday! Seth and Andy had their basketball game in the morning and then Andy picked Dawson's Dogs for a quick lunch after the game. We relaxed in the afternoon...Andy got a nap and a trip to the Y...2 of his favorite things.
Then...dinner at O'Charley's with my parents and back to our house for cake, ice cream and presents. Andy chose a German Chocolate Cake...I made it from scratch and everyone was really pleased with the result. Then...we spent some time playing with his new toy...a ROKU box...which basically allows us to stream through our TV. So, now we can watch netflix, etc without hooking up our laptop. Plus, it has all sorts of other channels we can now stream....kinda fun to play with.
Posted by Krista Layman at 8:46 PM
Friday, February 10, 2012
Posted by Krista Layman at 11:31 PM
Oops...not in a very good blogging rhythm yet this year. Highlights of the past few weeks:
1. Touring the new Parkview Regional Medical Center for Kate's Kart. That place is amazing...the technology (including robots) is beyond this world.
2. Date night with Andy. The boys went to Grandma and Grandpa Ted's for a night. We went to dinner and out to a movie...can't remember the last adult movie we saw in a theatre! Saw The Grey...it was good...but oh the ending made me mad.
3. Seth's basketball season is in full swing. Andy is coaching. We missed his 1st game because of the hospital training...but saw him last week. The boy is on FIRE! Can't wait to see him tomorrow. This past week the Mad Ants came and ran practice. Andy was quite excited about their assistant coach (Christian Laettner) coming.
4. Crazy weather: we're outside bundled up building snowmen in an unexpected snowfall on Saturday...and playing basketball outside in sweatshirts on Sunday. It's been a very mild winter..not much sledding or skiing at all.
5. Quiet weekends at home. Grant was sick last weekend...spent time watching movies and just relaxing.
6. Kate's Kart continues to be booming....lots of time in the shed, buying books and traveling all over northern Indiana doing presentations.
7. Geography Bowl...Andy led several girls in a district wide competition...they came in 2nd. Now...he is in full swing for Academic Bowl.
Nothing earth shattering...just living life...watching my boys grow up to fast.
Posted by Krista Layman at 11:18 PM