Monday, April 8, 2013

Most of March...in a post!

So, evidently I've hit an all time record...a WHOLE month without blogging.  I've either got to step up my game...or give up!  But...since I am still behind on scrap booking...this does serve as a great record of our lives.

March was packed full...it flew by...obviously.   Looking, I don't have a WHOLE ton of pictures that I took, but we'll fill in where we can!

Summing it up the best I can:

Seth finished up his C3Sports season the first weekend of March.   He's played b-ball 4 years now...and has learned some basic skills...but since he has a love for it, we are looking into a more competitive league next year.  Can't believe I most likely will be a bleacher mom.  We finished the season with an afternoon at Crazy Pinz the following day.


We had a couple snow storms...closing school 2x. March definitely came in as a lion!

We had a fun game night with some other families from church...it's been fun getting to know some other families.

Seth had his 4th quiz...it was close by at our church...he did great as usual

Oompa turned 70 and we celebrated with the whole family!  Oompa cooked his own crablegs and steak and baked his own cake!  Love my family.

Andy and I had a date afternoon...we went to see a silent movie at the Embassy.  It was actually interesting...and I enjoyed it more than I thougth I would...Andy of course was loving every minute of it.

Seth sang in his church choir on Sunday evening service

Grant has taken on a love for letters and his name...he surprised us 1 night by spelling his name on the floor.

I got to scrapbook an entire Friday evening and all day Saturday.  We got about 12 friends together, got a room at church and had a blast.  Of course I got no where caught up...but made some progress and had a great time as well

Had planning meetings for ice cream social, resale, and VBS...it's a busy busy time of year.

Seth had a new obsession with the NCAA tournament.  He is all into the brackets, made his own predictions, gets up early to check the computer for late games, begs to stay up to watch late games and even blew his teacher away when he knew all the results of the 1st round of games.

Baked over 50 dozen cookies in 1 weekend...it was a marathon...but I made it! WHEW!  Saving up for new counter tops!  Had lots of help from the family, including Nana and Oompa getting them packed up and everything cleaned up!

Interviewed a new candidate for the Children's Ministry Position at church...waiting on God's perfect timing

Andy has his 1st academic competition of the year..studying Greece this year.

Went shopping for new jeans and shoes for Grant...size 5/6 and size 1 shoes...he is going to be HUGE!

Grant went to friend's birthday party at Jungle George's...he was so excited!  It was actually a snow day so Seth got to go too...he loved it too!

Grant and I went to Mom's Night at Preschool...it was 50's night! Always a special time together...love that I have memories of this with Seth too!


Andy battled his ongoing illness...feeling poorly almost every weekend!  Think he finally beat it after a trip to Redimed.

The end of March brings us to Easter and spring break...of which I actually have more pictures.  So..those will wait for another post..coming soon...much much sooner than this one!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been waiting and waiting for this update.
Nana

Kelly said...

Loved all the photos!

I've missed you! =)

Kelly said...

Loved all the photos!

I've missed you and seeing the kids!

Kelly said...

Guess you got a double dose of love on that comment! =)