Sunday, June 16, 2013

Disney...last day at AK and Magic Kingdom

Saturday morning we woke up to sunny skies and a brand new 9 year old!
 Even the hotel door got decorated!

 We had a early morning reservation at the Cape May Cafe for a character breakfast.  We had to ride the bus to Hollywood Studios and then took the water taxi over to the Beach Club.  It was a yummy buffet
 The birthday boy even got a chocolate cupcake for his birthday!

 It was fun to be at a restaurant named after our favorite vacation spot!
 Since daddy hadn't been to Animal Kingdom we headed back over there!  Andy was feeling much better...YEAH!   Took the safari ride again!

 Got our iconic picture at Animal Kingdom

 Went on a walking tour and saw the largest bats ever!  Creepy!
 The boys really wanted Mickey's autography...we thought he would be at breakfast.  So...the boys and I went to find Mickey while Andy, Cathy and Ted went back to Bugs Life (it was cool in was SO HOT!)
 We got on the monorail and headed over back to Magic Kingdom

 Just in time for another parade!

 Then....waited about 20 minutes to eat lunch inside the new Be Our Guest Restaurant.   Definitely worth the wait!

 Tried to ride the Goofy rollarcoaster...but it shut down after about 20 minutes in line.  So we hopped on the train.   and then.....i

it rained...and rained and rained and rained!  We rode around the park for a while....until they had us evacuate the train due to thunder and lightening.  We were stuck in the train station for about 1.5 hours.  It was miserable.    Grant fell asleep on my lap (and then of course, my legs fell asleep)   After the lightening stopped...we put on our very over used ponchos and made the most of it....

the rain just kept coming...some of the rides, we could get out of the rain...others...well, not so much.

 Yep...this was our attire for 1/2 of our Disney vacation.  At least we got the use out of our $8 ponchos.
 Dinner reservations were at Tony's.  Goofy called Seth and sung him a Happy Birthday!  

After dinner we were cold, wet and tired and ready to go back to the hotel.   Fortunately, during dinner it finally stopped raining and we were able to end our vacation with a dry running of the Electrical Parade.   It felt much better leaving on a "dry" note.    It was a bummer, cause the park really wasn't that crowded...but due to the rain, a lot was shut down and we wasted time waiting for it to stop.  But...rain can't stop the MAGIC and we still had an AWESOME time.