Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Bookin' It For Kate's Kart

The 2nd annual Bookin' It For Kate's Kart was on a cold, rainy Saturday morning (Oct. 19)  I was SO bummed when it was such yucky weather...cause the preregistration had been pretty good and had it been a great day...I know we would have had a TON of people come out!


But...it was still a great day.  The Garrison Group does an amazing job getting sponsors and presenting this race.  I am completely humbled that they chose us to do this for!     We found out that morning that just in sponsors alone, they got over $6,000, not including the race registrations.  

Trent, the head of the group, dropped off our shirts on Thursday...I loved them...especially the little tribute to Kate on the sleeve.
 We had a Kids Fun Run before the race...due to the weather there weren't a ton of kids...but the ones who were there had a great time!   Seth's buddy Elijah and his sister (Grant's buddy) came out to show their support.
 First we had a 100 meter run for the little ones...so cute!  Grant was off and running before the "go!"
 Then....it was time for the 400m run...everyone was lined up and ready to run..even Grant who ran again!

 It was then time for the big run...I had been training. I started the couch to 5K about 8 weeks ago.   I had gotten up to running a mile...and then another 1/2 mile after a walk.  Wasn't sure how I was going to do during the "race!"

Here is Andy coming in at just under 32 minutes...not bad at all for a bum knee...but bless his heart, he stopped just before the finish line and came back to find me!
 Me...well...I ran!  I ran all but .5 miles..which meant I ran 2.6 miles!  I've never run that far before in my life!  I wasn't fast...in fact I was the last "runner" to come in...but I ran.  Looking back, I wish I would have found a partner to push me a little more (maybe so I could have run the whole thing).  I was honored Andy came back to find me.   So...even in the cold and rain I did it...in honor of my little girl!  Next year...I'll be a little faster!

 I did it...never would I ever thought I would have run that much...ever!

1 comments:

Jackie said...

So proud of you Krista. You know I run, but only for the last 3 years. I started from scratch too so totally totally 'get' what you were feeling. Stick with it, next year you and Andy can run it together.